Whole body to cellular drug exposure
When the lead candidate has been selected from a wide number of potentials candidates, it is crucial to evaluate the kinetic of adsorption, metabolism, distribution and elimination in whole body (usually rodents). It is key to understand the overall distribution of the compounds to localize the drugs and metabolites in desired targeted tissue or undesirable tissues.
The Rapid Pharmacokinetics Program includes both Drug quantification in plasma and all the tissues using Mass Spectrometry and Mass Spectrometry Imaging. The program anticipate lack of efficacy or potential adverse effect by looking at the tissue distribution of Drugs and metabolites simultaneously. The Rapid PK screening is the fastest and the most accurate service that combines multiple techniques of Quantitative Mass Spectrometry Imaging and LC-MS/MS to localize and quantify drugs in all tissues without any labelling. An easy way to get a fast and complete Bioavailability and Biodistribution information at an early stage to minimize the risk of failure.
Whole Body Imaging and Pharmacokinetics
- No need to wait autoradiography or any labeling technique to visualize the kinetic of the biodistribution of your drug.
- No need to wait for your Tox studies to assess drug distribution in undesirable tissues.
Drug Exposure to cells for better efficacy evaluation
- Finally we can score the percentage of drug reaching the targets, for the most accurate drug exposure
- We overlay Targets (cells, receptor, protein, ligand) and drug/metabolites simultaneously with the most accurate tool that overlay High definition histology images with no Data reduction (from 10X to 60X) without lost information
- We obtain absolute quantification of drugs and metabolites at a cellular level.
- Quantitative Mass Spectrometry Imaging
- Microscopy staining (H&E,..)
- Immuno-Staining (Fluorescence microscopy)
- Drug localization & quantification in tissues
- Metabolites localization & quantification in tissues and cells
- Drug quantification in plasma
- Early kinetic analysis of in-situ drug distribution of a drug candidate
- Tissue to plasma ratio determination
- PK parameters determination (Tmax, Cmax, AUC, Kp, Vd, T1/2, etc.)
ImaBiotech delivered more than 500 projects in Bioavailability or Biodistribution using Quantitative Mass Spectrometry Imaging.With this experience, Imabiotech can deliver the success rate of your project during the study design (Contact us to know more about our models of study design). Our experience covers multiple therapeutic areas (CNS, Immuno-oncology and Oncology, Dermatology, etc.) from Top pharmaceutical to Biotech companies where we adapt expectations and costs. Our past studies also demonstrated the need of a range of high end imaging platform of histology and high resolution Mass Spectrometers to clearly differentiate drugs and related metabolites biodistribution at the cellular level.