Whole body to cellular drug exposure
When the lead candidate has been selected from a wide number of potentials candidates, it is crucial to evaluate the kinetic of adsorption, metabolism, distribution and elimination in whole body (usually rodents). It is key to understand the overall distribution of the compounds to localize the drugs and metabolites in desired targeted tissue or undesirable tissues. With our services of Rapid PK screening, we can anticipate lack of efficacy or worse potential adverse effect by looking at the tissue distribution of Drugs and metabolites simultaneously. The Rapid PK screening is the fastest and the most accurate service that combines multiple techniques of Quantitative Mass Spectrometry Imaging and LC-MS/MS to localize and quantify drugs in all tissues without any labelling. An easy way to get a fast and complete Bioavailability and Biodistribution information at an early stage to minimize the risk of failure.
Whole Body Imaging
Within a few weeks, ImaBiotech provides reports with concentration of drugs in every organs including plasma to deliver ADME information and tissue to plasma ratio to prevent safety issues and describe drug exposure (accumulation, elimination). In one single experiment, you reduce number of animals by investigating standard pharmacokinetics and tissue distribution in a GLP format.
Don’t wait for expensive and time consuming approach:
- No need to wait autoradiography or any labeling technique to visualize the kinetic of the biodistribution of your drug.
- No need to wait for your Tox studies to assess drug distribution in undesirable tissues.
Drug Exposure to cells for better efficacy evaluation
Following Rapid PK Screening which gives an overview of drug distribution and quantification in whole animal, ImaBiotech improves the evaluation of drug exposure in specific organs. With a combination of unique label free Quantitative Mass Spectrometry Imaging technology and Histology techniques, we localize and quantify the concentration of active compounds at cellular level. With MALDI Imaging or LA-ICP MS imaging, we detect elements, small molecules or peptides and quantify them in organs for predictive efficacy & adverse effects.With our unique Software Multimaging , we deliver the most accurate answers:
- Finally we can score the percentage of drug reaching the targets, for the most accurate drug exposure
- We overlay Targets (cells, receptor, protein, ligand) and drug/metabolites simultaneously with the most accurate tool that overlay High definition histology images with no Data reduction (from 10X to 60X) without lost information
- We obtain absolute quantification of drugs and metabolites at a cellular level.
ImaBiotech delivered more than 400 projects in Bioavailability or Biodistribution using Quantitative Mass Spectrometry Imaging.With this experience, Imabiotech can deliver the success rate of your project during the study design (Contact us to know more about our models of study design). Our experience covers multiple therapeutic areas (CNS, Immuno-oncology and Oncology, Dermatology, etc.) from Top pharmaceutical to Biotech companies where we adapt expectations and costs. Our past studies also demonstrated the need of a range of high end imaging platform of histology and high resolution Mass Spectrometers to clearly differentiate drugs and related metabolites biodistribution at the cellular level.
- Quantitative Mass Spectrometry Imaging
- Microscopy staining (H&E,..)
- Immuno-Staining (Fluorescence microscopy)
- Drug localization & quantification in tissues
- Metabolites localization & quantification in tissues and cells
- Drug quantification in plasma
- Early kinetic analysis of in-situ drug distribution of a drug candidate
- Tissue to plasma ratio determination
- PK parameters determination (Tmax, Cmax, AUC, Kp, Vd, T1/2, etc.)