ImaBiotech provides quantitative MALDI Imaging Mass Spectrometry services unmatched by any other classical technique: quantitative label-free distribution in respiratory diseases with high accuracy up to 20µm resolution. This allows the evaluation of drug penetration into the lung through the airways. we can assess the pharmacokinetics of an active compounds and the different formulations.
Traditional drug pharmacokinetics and distribution with dissection can now be advantageously replaced by MALDI Imaging Mass Spectrometry, which offers accurate localization and quantitation of parent drugs and metabolites
Figure: H&E staining of a whole rat lung section and corresponding MALDI image at 50 µm of spatial resolution. Distribution of three ions related to specific histological region of the tissue, airways (in red), blood vessel (in blue), alveolus (in green) and resulting overlay image.
In Respiratory field, we can study :
Drug distribution and quantification
- High resolution drug and metabolites imaging at 20µm
- Quantify drug and metabolites in different regions of the lungs
- Coupled with whole body distribution to study overall and organ-specific localization
- Unknown metabolite research and identification
- Lung cancer (small cell lung cancer, lymphoma…)
- Inflammatory lung disease
- Lead optimization
- Support of Toxicology
- Support of QWBA