by any other classical technique: quantitative label-free drug distribution in gastroenterology studies with high accuracy up to 20µm resolution.
Classical drug pharmacokinetics and distribution with dissection can now be advantageously replaced by MALDI Imaging Mass Spectrometry allowing the accurate localization and quantitation of parent drug and metabolites. No LCMS/MS method development for each specific Intestine tissue!
Figure : Optical and MALDI Mass Spectrometry Images of the colon in a mouse treated with a drug candidate via oral administration. Section thickness: 12 µm; spatial resolution: 30 µm.
- High resolution drug and metabolites imaging at 20µm
- Quantify drug and metabolites in different regions of the gastrointestinal tract
- Coupled with whole body distribution to study overall and organ-specific localization
- Unknown metabolite research and identification
- IBS - IBD
- Crohn’s disease
- Brunner glands
- Study the impact of treatment onto endogenous metabolites
- Support the validation of pharmacological animal models